Since opening in 2009, Duchess Bake Shop has created a reputation as one of the leading bakeries and patisseries in Edmonton and in Canada. With a commitment to quality ingredients and attention to detail we strive to excite and bring joy to everyone that enters our bake shop.
We are looking for Pastry Team Members!
Our kitchen team come from a variety of backgrounds all while sharing a commitment to consistently making a high-quality product each and every day. It is truly a team effort to bring each and every pastry that we make to the pastry case and to our customers. Teamwork and spirit are at the core of what makes a great kitchen member. Working together, with dedication and attention to detail, is what makes us successful as a company.
We are currently looking for a full-time experienced pastry person to join our kitchen. As a member of our pastry team, your typical day will include baking, finishing and garnishing pastries, cakes, and tarts before moving on to the prep work for the next day.
Our ideal candidate is an individual who is motivated to grow and develop their skills as a pastry cook. We look for insightful cooks who take a strong interest in the process of making pastries. At Duchess Bake Shop we bake everything from scratch and use high quality ingredients. If you thrive in a fast-paced work environment, keep a high cleanliness standard, have pride in your work and are a team player, we would love to hear from you!
We are looking for team members who can embrace the smallest details and the highest standards and are excited to take part in our mission to bring inspiration, quality, comfort, and joy to Edmontonians and visitors alike!
Our talented bakery team members help in all aspects of our product creation process. Responsibilities include:
- Scale recipes with care and precision
- Sheeting, shaping, and preparing doughs
- Building and finishing pastries and desserts
- Making from-scratch jams, fillings, mousses, etc.
- Adhere to cleanliness and sanitation standards
Perform other duties as assigned
Working Conditions / Essential Functions:
- Ability to lift and carry up to 44 lbs
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time (up to 8 hours)
Availability for mornings, weekends and holidays
Your recipe for success:
- Prior experience working in a mid to high-volume bakery production, but we are open to training ambitious candidates with a minimum of ONE year pastry experience
- Calm and organized approach to work
- Sense of urgency
- Eager to be challenged
- Desire to help where needed and work as part of a team
- Passion for cooking with a keen eye for freshness, quality, and cleanliness
- An appetite for learning (and delicious pastries, cakes, and confections)
- Thrive in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment
Take pride in what you do
What we offer:
- Competitive pay scale plus tips
- Health + dental benefits for salaried team members
- Opportunities to learn, and grow with us; training with our executive pastry team including future recipe development
- A consistent schedule
- A generous team member discount
We would love to meet you! Get in touch with our Hiring Team.